Officials say death toll from four bombs in Afghanistan rises to 16.

Written by on May 27, 2022

Officials said on Thursday that the death toll from four bombs that ripped through minibuses and a mosque in Afghanistan has risen to at least 16, with some of the attacks claimed by the Islamic State group.

While the number of bombings has dropped across the country since the Taliban seized power last August, several deadly attacks rocked the country last month during Ramadan.

A health official and police said on Wednesday that at least 10 people were killed when three bombs placed on separate minibuses exploded in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

Najibullah Tawana, head of the Balkh health department, said three women were among the 10 killed in the blasts.

According to reports, the Islamic State group (IS) claimed responsibility for the minibus attacks on social media.

Amen Kantiyok  


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply


Current track

Title

Artist

%d bloggers like this: